Auxiliary Presidents From Around The World Gather For The 2011 International Auxiliary Presidents Conference

by The Gideons International on January 18, 2011

Auxiliary Conferenc eGroupshot

Auxiliary presidents from around the world gather
for the 2011 Auxiliary Presidents Conference

The Auxiliary held its biennial International Auxiliary Presidents Conference this January 14th and 15th in Nashville, TN.

All 14 National Association presidents were in attendance representing Australia, Finland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, South Africa, India, Nigeria, British Isles, Brazil, Japan, Korea, the Republic of China and the Philippines.

Also in attendance were 37 of the 38 state Auxiliary presidents from the U.S., the four International Auxiliary Cabinet members and 10 International Auxiliary Cabinet Representatives.

The Auxiliary is made up of the wives of Gideons, but Mary Kiethley, Manager of the Auxiliary Department, points out that the Auxiliary is not a “women’s ministry.”

“We are a ministry that works together with our husbands to reach the lost for Christ. . . there’s not a lot of fluff. As we work beside our husbands, we can make a difference. God honors that. And we honor God,” says Kiethley.

For forty days prior to the conference, daily prayer requests for the event were sent from the Auxiliary Department at The Gideons International Headquarters to the attendees.

“As a result of that forty days of prayer, they arrived looking for what God was going to do,” says Mary. “It set the stage so well.”

But the planning for the conference began a year ago and since early October, the work that has gone into it has been virtually non-stop.

Conference Focuses On Gaining Momentum
The purpose statement of the conference was, “Sanctified. Useful. Prepared.”

The program messaging was focused on building momentum, increasing momentum and continuing momentum in terms of the work of the Auxiliary.

Mary says that the real impact of this conference will be seen in the months ahead, in terms of increased distributions, increased giving and increased membership.

The conference had a Faith Fund goal of $8,000. But through the faithful, sacrificial giving of the Auxiliary leadership, the total Faith Fund contribution received was $13,238, all of which will be used to purchase and distribute more than 10,000 copies of God’s Word to the lost.

Cindy Creel photo 2011

Cindy Creel delivers an inspiring message to the conference attendees.

Cindy Creel, International President of the Auxiliary, delivered a very inspiring message to the conference attendees.

Tying her message back to the theme verse of 2 Timothy 2:21b, “ a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work,” Cindy related stories about all the vessels in her own home, including her pottery collection.

“Ladies, as I look out at all of you, I see many beautiful vessels. I see vessels of honor . . . because I truly believe you have valued the prescription that Paul gave in our theme verse,” Creel said.

She reminded the women that through each of their own personal trials, God was in control of the potter’s wheel and that each of their lives is, “in the Potter’s hands.”

“He does not see us for what we are, but for what we can be or will be,” Creel explained.

World Auxiliary Presidents Are Inspired By Conference
Mrs. Kiethley says it was important for the state Auxiliary presidents from the U.S. to meet the Auxiliary presidents from around the world, and to see how Auxiliary members in other countries are risking their lives in some cases to share God’s Word.

International Auxiliary Chaplain, Rene´ Lucas, addresses the conference.

Other guest speakers included Rene´ Lucas, the International Auxiliary Chaplain, as well as Dennis J. Donnelly, International President of The Gideons International and Craig A. Warner, Executive Director of The Gideons International.

“The conference was top notch. . . I finally feel like I have a clue about what I’m supposed to do as president,” said Sandra Parker, Auxiliary President for the state of Texas.

“It was truly the best conference I have ever attended. . . Auxiliary or otherwise,” said Mary Lynn Barrett, International Auxiliary Cabinet Representative. “As all the participants go forth around the world to share what they have learned and to do battle, may we never ever forget the feeling of the presence of the Lord this weekend. It was indeed a sample of heaven.”

Mary Kiethley acknowledges that the success of the conference wasn’t something she or anyone else in the Auxiliary could take credit for. It was all God’s work.

“The presence of the Lord was so real there. God has His hands all over this ministry,” says Kiethley. “Every single copy of the Word that goes out has the potential to change someone’s life for eternity. That’s what this ministry is about.”

Mary Jo Lott January 18, 2011 at 9:30 pm

It truly was a conference that glorified our Lord, and gave us a special taste of heaven!

Mary Ann Franklin January 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm

My heart and head are soaring! I had a wonderful time. This was just like heaven on earth. I’m inspired to build, increase, and continue momentum in my state.

My thanks to all. Love you in the name of our LORD.

Mary Ann Franklin

minda C. Lumabas January 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm

It is truly a very blessed experience, to have attended said conference, God’s great anointing was felt all throughout the duration of the conference. I truly thank God for enabling me to be part of it. The conference was indeed a showcase of what a culture of excellence is, in doing God’s work.

To God all be the glory even as we thank everyone in the international office who made the conference an amazing success. May we truly be the kind of servant leaders, precious vessels of honor the Lord sanctified and made useful to continue on and be useful & prepared to do good work in the vineyard of the Auxiliary of the Gideons Int’l. With the help of the Potter’s hand, I pray for a continuing momentum in terms of Auxiliary work worldwide, hopefully, prayerfully may it be so also in my country, the Philippines.

W. J. Lee January 19, 2011 at 12:06 am

To God be the glory!

Mary Gwartney January 20, 2011 at 5:07 am

As one of the attendees I completely agree that God was in control and his presence was continually felt. Everything was top notch. Thanks to all who had a part in the planning and preparation from Mary Kiethley and her staff and the Int’l Auxiliary Cabinet to the Int’l Headquarters departments that also assisted. You did a wonderful job and I was blessed from being a part of this conference.

Jane Crawford January 22, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I want to say how humbling it is to know that we are vessels for the Master’s use. I wept as I thought how HE had chosen me to be the Auxiliary President of the state of Virginia for such a time as this. I thank God and the ladies of the state for allowing me this opportunity to grow along with the ministry. The conference was great with the anointing of the spirit and the opportunity to meet my sisters both nationally and internationally. Much thanks goes to all the planning and preparation to the elected international officers, IACR and the Auxiliary Staff. I love each of you.

Janet DeVries January 24, 2011 at 2:29 am

Prayed for you all throughout the weekend. Felt like I was there is spirit.
Was wonderful to hear all had a blessed time. NOW it must come down to the camp members so we too can be found sanctified, useful and prepared.

God bless you all and thanks for the pics.

Janet DeVries
Past Int Pres.

Becky Hager January 24, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I prayed for your conference along with countless others. It is so exciting to be reminded again how God is in control and how he brought so many blessings into the lives of all who attended. Now, those blessings will overflow into the membership of the state associations!

God’s continued blessings,

Becky Hager
Past Intl. Chaplain

A. D. Avenson February 22, 2011 at 8:38 am

1 Thessalonians 1:8 – “For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.”

vijila Kennedy December 31, 2011 at 6:40 am

Praying for the Auxiliary leaders that God will give them wisdom and strength

Vijila Kennedy