Remembering Those Who Have Served Their Country

by The Gideons International on November 11, 2011

British Merchant Marines - Gideon Bible Presentation

British Merchant Marines during the presentation of Military Testaments from The Gideons International

Today people throughout many countries of the world will take time to remember their war veterans. In the U.S. it’s called Veteran’s Day. In other countries it’s called Armistice Day or Remembrance Day.

The Gideons International first began offering God’s Word to the military in 1941. Last year, Gideons distributed more than one-million free Service Testaments. Also, any service member who asks for a New Testament receives one.

These Service Testaments are provided through offerings from churches and concerned Christians as well as donations received through Gideon Tribute Cards.
To our veterans, we say, “Thank you for your service.”

And to our members and donors who make it possible to put New Testaments into the hands of those who serve in the military, we say, “Thank you for your commitment to sharing God’s Word.”

Related Story:
Getting God’s Word Into The Hands Of Those Who Serve Their Country

Jim Taylor November 11, 2011 at 11:08 am

It is a double honor to have served in the military of the United States to protect this nation’s freedom but now to serve in the Army of the Lord.

I thank God for His protection shown on all who serve in the military service in whatever country that they serve today. I also thank all who serve the Lord in His Army today for their enthusiastic service to the Lord in placement of Scripture, witnessing to the lost, and direct support of the Gideons International funds development activities.

Jim Taylor
Regional Vice President
West Region
Kentucky Gideon Association

Michael S Butler November 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Veteran’s Day means alot to me having served in the Navy for 22 years. Thank you to all Veterans reading this today. What makes Veteran’s Day MOST special is God reached down and found me in the bowels of a Navy vessel and changed my life through a Gideon New Testament and subsequent faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. My testimony can be found at http://msbutler59.tripod.com/id14.html

Praise be to God!

Michael S Butler
Clark County East President
Jeffersonville, Indiana 47130

The Gideons International November 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Thank you for your comment and your service in the Navy and in the Gideons, Michael. Has your testimony ever been published in The Gideon magazine? If not, may we edit and publish the text shared on your blog link? Thank you and God bless.

Michael S Butler November 22, 2011 at 10:37 am

I don’t believe my testimony has been published in any magazine other than the Hoosier Gideon. You have my permission to use it in any manner you like to the Glory of God.

Sue Kellogg November 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I was deeply moved by the testimony of Mr. John E. Parkinson, given at the 1985 International Convention in Los Angeles, CA. He served in the Army during WWII and was one of only a small number of survivors of the Battle of
the Bulge. He shared that although he was very “anti-God” up to that point in his life, he cried out to Him and God saved him both physically and spiritually through the Military Testament given to him by The Gideons.

I am grateful to God for this ministry!

oscar rodolfo macias cabrtera November 13, 2011 at 7:34 pm

mis mas amplias felicitaciones paraestos veeteranos que el señor padre los si en todos sus momentos amen

Wayne Robbins November 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Glory be to GOD from all blessings flow! I’m especially humble & proud to be a Gideon & Veteran. I serve GOD and have served this nation for 21 years in the US Air Force! I am proud of all veterans for their service to this country! I pray them daily! Sincerely in Christ! Wayne