Early Results From The 2016 Philippines International Scripture Blitz

by The Gideons International on February 5, 2016

Jon Wold, a Gideon from South Dakota, shares the Gospel with students during January’s International Scripture Blitz in the Philippines.

Just last week, Gideons concluded a two-week International Scripture Blitz in the Philippines, where they distributed over 1.5 million copies of God’s Word. We’ve already received many testimonies from the blitz team members of how God showed up during the event, including this story:

I was conducting a Scripture distribution at a school in Cavite City along with several other Gideons. We had handed out many New Testaments, however things were slowing down. I then saw a group of students waiting for their school shift to end. Because of the large student body population and the limited school space, there are two shifts at almost all the schools, the first beginning at 7 a.m., and the second shift beginning at 1 p.m.

I walked over to the students and began sharing the message of Jesus with them. They listened intently as I told them about the Plan of Salvation inside the back cover of the New Testaments. I told them of God’s love and how Jesus died to save them from their sins. I asked if they would like to make a decision to accept Jesus as their Savior. Looking up at me with their beautiful brown eyes, they answered, “Yes!” I led them in the sinner’s prayer and 14 more young hearts came to know Jesus as their Savior.

Jon Wold
Labolt, South Dakota

We praise God for these students who have chosen to follow Jesus. Please pray they will continue to read their New Testaments and grow in their walk with the Lord.

Keep watching here for more news and testimonies from the 2016 Philippines International Scripture Blitz.

Edited by The Gideons International

Claudio Chicole February 5, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Praised Be The Lord!!! Many people will be saved by Jesus Christ in the Philippines. God’s Word does not return void.

“So will my word be which goes out of my mouth: it will not come back to me with nothing done, but it will give effect to my purpose, and do that for which I have sent it.” Isaiah 55:11

(Brazil)

Claudio Chicole February 5, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Robert B. February 5, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Glory to God Almighty!
God bless you all blitz team!

Cesar February 6, 2016 at 8:47 am

Glory to God!

Ronald Stroud February 6, 2016 at 10:04 pm

I thank you for the message of the distribution of scriptures in the Philippines. I love the Philippine o people. I was in Manila and Subic Bay in 1966 and 1967 as a Marine out of Viet Nam. Very inspiring about the 14 young boys that gave their hearts to Jesus.

Ronald Stroud February 6, 2016 at 10:06 pm

May God continue to use Christian Men to distribute the word of God for the ones who cannot travel to foreign countries.

Helen February 12, 2016 at 7:21 am

Yes Lord – that all who received You as their Lord and Savior, will daily seek You, read Your Word and meditate on it. Share you with their family and friends and experience Your presence within themselves and see Your works each day, in Jesus’ name Lord, amen

Bill Bentley February 12, 2016 at 9:28 am

Already 1.5 million scriptures handed out in the Philippines! Wonderful! All praise to the Lord on High!

Barb Love March 24, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Thrilled to read these reports since I served as a missionary there for 18 years! Let me know next time you plan a blitz. Perhaps I can help although I am not a Gideon. My brother Robert Benjamin has been for may years.